Matthew Pilkington, PhD, an authority in capital structure, merger & acquisitions and special situations
Dr. Matthew Pilkington is an expert witness and legal consultant and an authority in capital structure, special situations, mergers & acquisitions and financial markets in general.
Dr. Pilkington began his investment career at Spear Leeds & Kellogg as a financial analyst and a portfolio manager, where he run a $150 mm long-short credit arbitrage and soecial situations fund. He held growing positions at Tradition, Imperial Capital, Kellog, Pali Capital, Steel Partners, and Mutual Securities, during he shared his market knowledge, his trading and portfolio management skills, as well as his team management and communication skills.
He is now a managing partner at both Feenix Partners and Round Top Capital Partners in New York.
Matthew graduated with Honors from Imperial College in 1986 and holds a PhD in Chemistry from Oxford (1990).
Registrations / memberships
Areas of expertise
- Event-driven arbitrage, special situations, take-overs, mergers, spin-offs, reorganizations, announcements
- Distressed securities, funding, high-yield, restatements
- Private equities, value equities, preferred shares, OTC securities, small-caps, micro-caps
- Capital structure, bankruptcies, restructuration, LBOs
- Shareholder activism, takeovers, and their defenses
- Chapter 11 distressed funding processes
- Relative value trading, arbitrage
- Convertible bonds, warrants, short-selling
- Proxies, 13Fs, 13Ds, Form 4s, pro-formas, covenants, prospectuses, disclosures, court filings
Dr. Pilkington’s services are available to attorneys representing plaintiff and defendant and include consulting, written reports, deposition, arbitration, and trial testimony as needed.